On Monday I had the pleasure of participating in a magnificent charitable project for Wish4Snow and awesome local VIP holiday event to benefit hospital charity at Westfarms Mall in Farmington, CT and got a sneak peak at American Eagle 77kids children’s clothing line.
77Kids by American Eagle Magical Window
It was a morning of fun, magical window displays and a look at the new store that opened two weeks ago. I also got to share some quality one-on-one time with my 4 year old granddaughter, ‘Lil Moomette, who came along with me to experience the excitement of the season.
My fellow Connecticut Mom Blogger friends and I gathered for a morning breakfast briefing before the store opened to meet with management and the staff. I met with Janet, the store manager who has a degree in Business Management. She explained the philosophy behind the 77Kids clothing line kids styles for both girls and boys in the age brackets 0-18 months; 12 months-5 years and 5-14 years. Their target market is the 8-10 year group, offering themed clothing and ideas appropriate for each group.
What I enjoyed about the new store is the relaxed atmosphere (no blaring music) and ease of finding the particular age group of clothing for your child. The displays throughout the store are both colorful, as well as eye-catching, making it a snap to easily coordinate separates. My granddaughter, a Fashionista even at age 4, wasn’t shy about letting me know exactly what her preferences were! All those mall stroller walks and she was taking the sights in at an early age!
As 77Kids is a children’s clothing store, there’s a ton of things for the kiddos to do! ‘Lil Moomette enjoyed drawing on the easel, along with being entertained by the lighted bean-bag toss. Well-behaved children can enjoy the child-appropriate treat bar at the check-out before they leave.
While at the launch party, I learned more about how 77Kids by American Eagle is helping our local hospital charity for children by asking people to create a digital snowflake between November 15th and December 14th at Wish4Snow.77kids.com It’s easy, fast and fun – and with a goal of 100,000 snowflakes, 77kids will donate $25,000 to the children’s hospitals!
As a mom of two 20-something daughters and now grandchildren, I’ve “Been Around the Block” in more ways than one. Over the years, I’ve spent quite a bit of time in hospital and emergency waiting rooms. While my girls have generally been mostly blessed with good health, they did have their share of diagnostic testing for ailments of one type or another. My youngest took dance lessons up until senior years of high school, and both of my girls were high school and college athletes, which translates into orthopaedic visits to the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (Hartford).
Actually, my youngest daughter had an emergency appendectomy over Spring Break when she was in her Junior year of college. See? I’ve “Been Around the Block.”
Make a Snowflake and Wish4Snow
HOW IT WORKS:
- Customers can donate 77 cents (or more) to benefit their local children’s hospital!
- Customers/kids will receive a snowflake to write their name and wish on, and then they can place the snowflake on the “blizzard wall” in the store for all to see!
- In addition to the snowflake, the customer will get a ‘you done good’ bumper sticker to take with them!
- From the 77kids homepage and several areas online, customers will be directed to a Wish-4-Snow microsite, featuring a fun “catch the snowflake” game and giving visitors the opportunity to design their own snowflake to help 77kids reach their children’s hospital donation goal!
- 77kids’ goal for Wish4Snow.com is for visitors to make a total of 100,000 snowflakes.
- If 77Kids hits that goal, they will make an additional $25,000 donation to the children’s hospitals on top of the customer donations each store collects during the month!
You can make as many snowflakes as you want – not just one! You’re asked to submit your contact information only after the first snowflake.
- Creating a snowflake makes you eligible to WIN a $77 gift card from 77kids (one gift card given away daily!) and enters you to win the ultimate grand prize: an awesome block party for you and 77 pals!!
Local benefiting hospitals in Connecticut include:
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (Hartford)
- Children’s Health and Wellness Center at Danbury Hospital
Other state’s benefiting hospitals include:
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
- University Hospital (Cherry Hill/Philadelphia)
- Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital (Syracuse)
- WakeMed Children’s Hospital (Raleigh)
- Children’s Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
I made a snowflake and it took 3 minutes. Such an easy, small way to contribute to hospital charity while making a BIG impact! Have fun, get into the spirit of the season with 77Kids by American Eagle and make a Snowflake for everyone in your family!
Moomette’s Magnificents is hosting a Giveaway Contest! For a chance to win, there will be one (1) winner of a $50 Gift Card to 77Kids by American Eagle.
Please include a way of contacting you. Should you be the contest winner, this information may be shared with the contest sponsor in order to send your prize.
Main Rule: (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
a) Create a Snowflake on the 77kids holiday Wish4Snow microsite and come back here and let me know your Wish and the name of your Snowflake in a comment, AND
Follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect (sidebar) and come back here and leave your name in a separate comment
Extra Bonus Entries:
~One Extra Entry: Sign up for my free Newsletter Updates to my blog through my e-mail link and leave your name in a separate comment)
~ One Extra Entry: Subscribe to my blog via RSS Feed and leave your name in a separate comment
~ One Extra Entry: Become a Moomette’s Magnificents Facebook Fan and leave a comment on our wall with your thoughts on this giveaway.
~ One Extra Entry: Click the “Like” button on this post (top or bottom) and leave and leave your name in a separate comment
~ One Extra Entry: Follow and Rank Moomette’s Magnificents on Networked Blogs (right sidebar) and leave your name in a separate comment.
~ One Extra Entry: Visit my 101 Random Things About Me page (under About) and leave a comment here – something About Me
~ One Extra Entry: Leave a comment on THIS non-giveaway post, and come back here and let me know you did (may ALSO leave multiple comments on multiple non-giveaway posts, but leave a separate comment entry for here to count )
copy and paste to tweet (may tweet daily until end of contest) and then come back here and let me know you followed both @Moomettes and @77Kids and leave the permalink to this Tweet:
This contest will run until December 5, 2010 at 11:00 pm. ET
For Additional Entries, check out my Contest Entry Rules.
I am participating in this campaign through 77Kids and The Motherhood and was provided with a stipend and a Gift Card. All opinions are my own.