We’re coming into the 2008 Holiday Selling season now on eBay ~ my favorite time of year, as sales in my eBay Store, Moomette’s Magnificents, really start to jump! As a Grandma, I’m always on the lookout for that special toy that’s sure to be a big hit with the kiddie set. I’m going to rely on my copy of the 2008 Holiday Toy Guide.
The 2008 Holiday Toy Selling Guide is a resource for eBay sellers that provides a list of the toys expected to be the most popular this holiday season. This list is compiled from industry experts and compares the retail prices to performance on eBay and then this information is provided in a weekly report.
Want to get a heads-up? Here’s 9 Tips For Finding Those Hard To Find Toys:
Just because you may not see a toy on the shelf in a store, doesn’t mean it is out of stock. Use these nine tips to find even the toys that are the most difficult to get your hands on.
1. Communicate with your local stores to learn stocking patterns
2. Talk with store stockers just to learn how they run their store
3. Store employees are more likely to talk with collectors than dealers – Be very careful of your wording ~ They will figure out that you are a dealer/reseller when you visit buying the same things over and over.
4. Talk with customer service folks – Don’t assume all employees have the same level of information. Sometimes they have information the stockers don’t have. Where a stocker may not know when they are getting a shipment of a specific toy, the customer service folks may be able to tell you.
5. Avoid the big stores – check out drug stores, grocery stores – even smaller online toy stores
6. Visit grocery stores/drug stores in less affluent areas
7. Visit out-of-the-way cities
8. Look behind other toys on the shelves
9. Look under shelves in hidden storage areas – and places employees would hide toys.
The 2008 Holiday Toy Guide provides you with a list of the most popular toys – many of these toys are going to get harder and harder to find as we get closer to the Holiday Season. Be sure to use these tips to find these great selling toys.
Hurry! Weekly updates to the Holiday Toy Guide start the first week of November… and joining before November 4th will ensure that all 8 updates are received.