The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward is a charity blog meme. Bloggers are able to raise $10 by writing a blog post and donating a virtual bag of school supplies .
Recently I had the opportunity to participate in the Bag It Forward campaign sponsored by Elmer’s back to school at Walmart.
My own children are now grown and on their own. Our family was fortunate that we live in a town with an excellent school system, and that we were able to put our girls through college.
However, not all municipalities, school systems or families are able to supply the tools needed to enhance education and give our kids a running start at life.
Through this program I was able to shop at Walmart and purchase school and educational supplies to donate to children and educators for this coming school year. Walmart offers terrific value and savings for your dollar and has almost everything you can think of for school – paper; pencils; crayons; construction paper; notebooks; calculators and of course, Elmer’s !
Elmer’s is taking the campaign one step further, and now you, my readers and fellow bloggers, will be able to participate and help out by joining me in a charitable meme!!
Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward
All you need to do to help out is:
1. Write up your blog post
2. Send a Virtual bag of school supplies to a bloggy buddy and ask them to join #bagitforward
3. Enter the Link to your post at BagItForward.org
Elmer’s will donate $10 per each post written to Adopt-A-Classroom, up to $10,000.
I received my Elmer’s virtual bag of school supplies from Kim at Crafty Mama of 4, and I am tagging several of my friends, sending them a virtual bag of school supplies and challenging each to help students and classrooms:
Cheryl – The Budge Bunch (a fellow CT blogger, with kids)
Cheryl – The Daily Blonde (many of my friends are named Cheryl, but this one’s from Rhode Island) – she also has a whole passel of kids in all assorted ages
Heather – Home to Heather (Canadian, our friend to the North) (don’t know if they have Elmer’s up there, but Heather has kids!)
Kaye – SandwichINK (a fellow Baby Boomer Grandmom, who misses school shopping, like me, I’m sure!)
Rachel – Touchd (also from CT, and I was her campaign manager for her recent bath and body products review launch!)
Garden Gnome–Mom’s Cafe Home Cooking (another Canadian who I always thought was from Maine) and who tweets daily about the wonderful things she’s always cooking or growing in her garden!
HOW CAN YOU JOIN? It’s easy.
- Participate in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward and by giving away a virtual bag of school supplies and creating a blog post with specific rules described below.
- Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom
- You can give as many virtual bags as you want in your post, but only one post per URL is counted towards the donation. You can post at multiple URLs.
- The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward will officially begin at 12 AM EST on July 22, 2010 and end at 12 PM EST on August 12, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted for.
- The blog post link has to be submitted in the comment section below for your participation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text in your blog post:
ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES
- Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
- Link back to person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.