Enter to win for your chance to become one of Connecticut’s Local Globetrotters by telling us what cool basketball move you can do or a favorite Harlem Globetrotters memory.
Connecticut Is Basketball Country
For those of you who aren’t acquainted the Globetrotters, this is their 85th year touring and they’ve implemented the first ever “4 point shot!” – a 4 point shot – Golly Gee! That’s certainly going to make the game energizing!
Several of the Harlem Globetrotter players arriving in Hartford this year are on this season’s Amazing Race – Big Easy as well! The Harlem Globetrotters genuinely interact with the crowd and they have some magnificent tricks! I know people do just say it is a basketball game, but it is much more – you have to experience it!
When my oldest daughter, now 28, was in 3rd grade, my husband and I had the opportunity to take her to see a Harlem Globetrotters benefit game at her school. She still talks about it to this day! It wasn’t too long after that we ended up with a basketball hoop in our driveway for the two girls – which still remains there to this day! Occasionally my daughter and charming son-in-law will go out and shoot some hoops, and I’m sure that my grandchildren, will be using it too!
The Harlem Globetrotters, who have contributed more innovations to the game of basketball than any other team in history, have implemented the first-ever 4-point shot as part of all of its games on the team’s 2011 “4 Times the Fun” North American tour. This game-changing innovation will be on display when the Globetrotters take on the Washington Generals at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut on February 26th at 2pm and 7pm. Throughout the 2011 North American tour, every Globetrotters game will now feature two designated 4-point shooting spots on each side of midcourt, each located 35 feet from the basket (the spots are 12 feet beyond the NBA’s official 3-point line). The 4-point option is expected to further open up the playing floor for the Globetrotters as well as their opponents, the Generals, and is expected to generate even more high-scoring action and competitive play. “I only wish they had this shot when I was playing,” said Globetrotter Legend Curly Neal, one of only five Globetrotters in history to have his jersey number retired. “I could have lit up that scoreboard all night long.”
Save $7 to the Harlem Globetrotters using the promo discount code LOCMOM
1. Log onto Ticketmaster
2. Scroll down to Feb 26th 7pm show and click on “Find Tickets”
3. Within the Search for Tickets box, scroll down to “Promotions and Special Offers”
4. Enter # of tickets and select the $29.25 and $22.25 price category and then the code “LOCMOM”
5. Offer is valid Feb 5 – 26, 2011 via online, phones and at the box office.
The Hunt for Connecticut Local Globetrotters
Enter to win for your chance to become one of Connecticut’s Local Globetrotters by telling us what cool basketball move you can do or a favorite Harlem Globetrotter memory. Contest is open to kids 12 and under.
- 1 winner per blog will be able to compete in the “Make a 4-point shot” contest on Monday, February 14th from 3:15-3:45pm AND have the chance to Meet a Harlem Globetrotter live and in person! Winners will be chosen randomly.
- There will be 3 winners from the shoot off – each receiving a family 4-pack of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut on Sat, Feb 26th at 7pm.
Now, as we know the 4-point shot is going to be a hard one for some kids to make – There will also be a “Who came closet to making a basket from the 4-point line” as well as “Who can spin the ball the best” and “Who can dribble on their knees the best” for a few additional family 4-pack giveaways!
© Moomettes Magnificents
Moomette’s Magnificents is hosting a Giveaway Contest! For a chance to win, there will be one (1) winner of a family 4-pack of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters on February 14, 2011 at the XL Center in Hartford, CT.
Please include a way of contacting you. Should you be the contest winner, this information may be shared with the contest sponsor in order to send your prize.
Main Rule: (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
Required Entry – Enter to win for your chance to become one of Connecticut’s Local Globetrotters by telling me what cool basketball move you can do or a favorite Harlem Globetrotter memory AND become a GFC public blog follower (sidebar) – 1 entry
Optional Extra Entries
* like Moomettes Magnificents on Facebook – 1 entry
* subscribe to my email updates – 1 entry
* subscribe to my RSS Feed – 1 entry
* leave a NEW comment on any non-giveaway post – 1 entry per day
* follow @Moomettes on Twitter and tweet this giveaway – 1 entry per day
* share/like this giveaway on Facebook (button above or below) – 1 entry per day
* review Moomettes Magnificents on Alexa. Writing a review will help our rating and be enable us to offer more magnificent giveaways to you!
* Go enter this SAME contest on A Year With Mom and Dad and leave a separate comment
This contest will run until February 11, 2010 at Noon. EST
For Additional Entries, check out my Contest Entry Rules.