This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Sponsored Tweets. All opinions are 100% mine.
Twitter profiles are a window into the life and business of each user. Without a proper and effective profile, jobs can be lost, money can be washed down the drain and clients can be swayed to another profile that provides more of what they’re looking for. A Twitter profile is just like a marketing campaign for a company – a proper Twitter profile should effectively provide a snapshot of your brand.
Twitter is just another tool to implement your marketing strategy on the web. As such, the same branding rules apply to your Twitter profile. Your profile doesn’t just include the wording on your Twitter account, but also the background on your Twitter page. There are applications you can use to develop free backgrounds for your Twitter account if you’re on a budget, but in order to properly brand yourself, spend the extra money and develop a personal background the same way you would for a blog or website. It’ll pay dividends in the end.
Here are a few tips to follow when creating your profile on Twitter to help develop your brand.
- Be Consistent – Keep your message steady
- Add Pictures – Many people want to see actual pictures of who they are talking to, not avatars or logos.
- Frequently Update – When you have something new, make sure you update your profile.
- Give Readily Available Contact Information – When branding yourself or your business on Twitter, one of the most important things is to make sure people know how to get in touch with you.
- Stick with Simplicity – While you only have 140 characters to develop your profile, treat it as though it were SEO copy.
- Value Time – Take your time. Developing your brand on a new social media tool can be exciting and a lot of fun.
Branding your blog or business took time, possibly even months. Give your Twitter profile the same attention you did to the initial branding efforts and it’ll pay off.
Once you have everything in your Twitter profile set up properly, it’ll be easier to monetize your twitter account and sign up for sponsored tweets.
SponsoredTweets.com is an online marketplace that allows you to connect directly with advertisers to engage in sponsored conversations through Twitter. Advertisers compensate you with cash in exchange for a sponsored tweet. This is a place were people big and small can make money tweeting. There’s also a referral program you can participate in.
You’ll be able to set your price and choose your offers. Tweeters remain in complete control of their accounts at all times. Additionally, each and every tweet must be manually reviewed and approved by each tweeter. Izea Sponsored Tweets also adheres to a strict Code of Ethics, which includes complete transparency and Disclosure.
To provide for your safety, Sponsored Tweets authenticates through Twitter’s OAuth process and doesn’t collect or store your password.