Pack a Punch in your Retweets
I’d like to share my recommended URL Shortener for Twitter. You may or may not have heard about it.
Twitter is a micro-blogging forum. You can talk to anyone who wants to listen. It’s a quicker way to get people interested in new product offerings, contests, prize giveaways, blog posts and more.
If you’re a work-at-home mom, this is important in order to get the word out on your brand!
Because Twitter limits you to only 140 characters per tweet, posting a link to your website can be troublesome. There are several services, such as bitly.com or tinyurl.com that let you type in the URL of any site and will then shorten it into a clickable URL that uses fewer characters.
I prefer the new service that Stumble Upon has developed.
It’s called Su.pr
I also recommended that you install the bookmarklet on your toolbar.
* When links are shortened by su.pr, it also adds a StumbleUpon toolbar to the tweet, thereby increasing your chances that your post will get Stumbled (more traffic!)
example: Click through my RT and see what happens:
New YANKEES MLB Baseball Infant Baby Lovey Blanket Blue http://su.pr/2tl352 #bonanzle <for any Yankees fan!
Actually, we should all try to stumble any tweets we may find interesting.
- Simultaneously post to both your Twitter and Facebook accounts
- There’s also the ability to schedule your tweets through su.pr I like to schedule my Retweets for optimal traffic-time on twitter and spread them out throughout the day, morning & evening, depending on the tweet and topic. You also won’t be spamming your followers with so many Retweets all at once.
- Su.pr adds the ability to track your tweets and see how many click-throughs have occurred.
- There is also a su.pr WordPress plugin I use – post to twitter immediately with a shortened su.pr link (instead of bit.ly or tinyurl, etc.)
Download the Su.Pr Plugin
This is just a suggestion, it was mentioned on Mashable – but I think it’s definitely one worth using.
Check out more information and tips and suggestions I’ve written for using social networking sites and Twitter to brand your blog or business.
For More Info Visit: Su.Pr
Hat Tip to The Daily Blonde
© C. Matthews 2010