As any loyal Entrecard Dropper knows, EC has been down due to a serious fire at their data center. So I’ve been having EC withdrawals – instead of dropping in on all the wonderful blogs and new friends I’ve made ~ I’ve actually been kinda sorta productive. All day long I’ve been listing all the terrific treasures in my eBay Store that I have tucked away but hadn’t gotten to yet . And actually cleaning up & organizing my eBay room. Much to the chagrin of my loving family, who think I should actually be cleaning (and cooking, and tending to their every whim and need). Not.
But to my rescue comes my friend Tina from Mummy Diaries! Tina is from across the Pond, in the U.K., hence “Mummy,” when we in New England mangle the Queen’s English, and say “Mommy.” I’ve been tagged with a Meme! Love ya anyway Tina! BTW, Tina won my Moomette’s Best WAHM Blog Award!
So here’s my answers and the rules, which I’ll pass on to my next victims (…rather, friends.)
1. link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I can’t stand the early morning news and all those glam, chipper anchors (or anchorettes). No person in their right mind can be that chipper & cheery. Who in carnation can look that great so early without the help of a wardrobe person, hairdresser & therapist? And they’ve probably done 1 hour on the treadmill before even leaving for work.
2. I don’t appreciate riding in an elevator [lift, to you Tina :)] knowing that the person who road in it before me took a bath in some gawd awful cologne, such as Tabu. I’m super sensitive to fragrance, and only like the expensive stuff. (My favorite is Jessica McClintock.)
3. I hate pumping my own gas. I want to go back to the good old days when I didn’t know how to pump my own gas (petrol, Tina). Especially in New England when I have to get out and freeze my buns off in a blizzard. The gas attendant would come out, check the fluid, wash the windows, blah blah, and gas was 32 cents a gallon and I could fill my 1970 Volkswagon Bug for $3.00.
4. It drives me nuts when I’m grocery shopping and some daydreamers stop and leave their cart in the middle of the isle while they trapse half-way down the isle looking for whatever it is they can’t remember they came in to get. I can’t get around them and they block the whole isle. Shopping carts need horns on them, like cars.
5. I still wear black liquid eyeliner. Top & bottom. Just like Barbra Streisand and Liz Taylor, in Cleopatra. I can’t get used to the pencil stuff. Even though I like the smokey-eye look, I’ve been doing this since I was about 15. It doesn’t look like me when I try it any other way. Hey, if you’ve still got it ~ flaunt it!
6. I chew Nicotine gum like it’s going out of style. Works great, and is good for you. Trust me, I’ve been on it for about 5 or 6 years now. Even though they say you should be off of it within 2 weeks of starting the program ~ why quit, if it works? Truthfully, I’d rather have a good drag on a cigarette.
Tagged on this also by Lady Java!
And the winners are: