Are you an armchair traveler? I must say that I am. I basically travel vicariously. But unlike me, my niece has circumnavigated the globe like the explorer’s of yesteryear. By the time she was 21, I think she’d had accumulated more frequent-flier miles than any Baby Boomer I know!
My niece graduated the University of Vermont, and did a study-abroad in Adelaide, Australia. During her time there, my lucky sister-in-law and brother-in-law ventured to see her and spent some time touring the country. The photos they brought back were spectacular! Unfortunately, I don’t fly well, not even to Chicago!
There was a movie many years ago when I was a kid called the “Time Machine.” ~ I remember the original, 1960 version, so please don’t laugh. That’s how I prefer to travel ~ walk me in one door, close it ~ open the other door, and poof ~ I’m there!
I have a new friend from Australia on Mom Blogger’s Club. Annette Piper writes Under the Loupe. Annette lives on a cattle ranch in NSW, Australia with her husband and 3 children, and has a background in gemology. You just have to visit her site to see the magnificent hand crafted artisan gemstone jewelry creations that she makes! Annette’s writing style will just mesmerize you, and makes you definitely want to visit her country!
I was “tagged” by Annette with this Meme where I am supposed to list six of my quirks and then tag six other people. Only six? Ha ~ you my loyal readers know I have more than six quirks, as I’ve done this Meme before. But here are my latest ones:
Here are the rules:
1. link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I long to live a simpler lifestyle. I’m tired of ‘suburbia,’ which is no longer ‘suburbia’ in Connecticut. It’s just one big metropolis and the traffic is horrendous. Even though I try to pace myself and slow down from living in the fast-lane (i.e., work commute; dinner; online biz; some sleep; commute again) I still flip out when someone is doing 25 mph in a 40 mph zone;
2. Why am I the only one in this household who has to bag the trash and take it to the garage?
3. I like to cover books I’m reading with a brown paper bag when I read at lunch at the office so no-one knows what I’m reading (no, it’s not dirty, it’s just I don’t think anyone needs to know my business unless I feel like sharing it with them);
4. I go to Dunkin Donuts for my Coffee Coolatta fix. At the drive through, I order “Medium French Vanilla Coolatta ~ Whip Cream ~ Senior Citizen.” I get to the order window, and I get No Whip Cream, and get charged regular price. So I have to say it all over again ~ Medium ~ Whip Cream ~ Senior Citizen. What’s up with the hired help these days? They can’t even count change back without a computer to tell them what is owed. A sign of the times in society. Geez.
5. I’m a list maker. Even at my cubicle job, all I think about is my online businesses and my blogs. I make lists of what to put up on eBay; what to post on my blogs; links to change; emails I have to return; Memes I have to respond too! Lists ~ Lists & More lists! The more I cross off, the more I add!
6. Every Saturday it’s the same routine (at least for my DH who should have a Bust of himself at the State Capitol in the Land of Steady Habits ~ breakfast at the same coffee shop; grocery shopping at the same grocery store we always go to ~ even though I can’t stand it anymore because they’ve discontinued all my favorite products and promote their own store brands which I can’t stand.
I don’t hit the ground running any more, and how about I skip breakfast on a Saturday and just putz around in my PJ’s for a change?
Ok. And there you have it for this time around. My Hot-Flash rantings. And my lucky victims friends I’m tagging are:
1. Matt ~ Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta. ~ Just to see if guys are willing to fess up.
2. April ~ That Crazy Mom (Sorry hon ~ I see you’re super busy!)
3. Original G.R.I.T.S. ~ just because I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
4. Dianne ~ WAHM Cafe ~ See what happens when you’re my top dropper?
5. Nessa’s Place ~ This should be interesting!
6. Midlife Misfit ~ hello new friend! Let’s see what you have to add!
A few of my eBay items